1983 ජූලි 31 වෙනිදා ජනාධිපති ජේ.ආර්.ජයවර්ධන විසින් ජනතා විමුක්ති පෙරමුණ තහනම් කළා.
87-89 භීෂණ යුගයට අතිගරු ජනාධිපතිතුමාගේ සුරතින් මුල් ගල තිබ්බේ එදා කියලත් කෙනෙකුට කියන්න පුළුවන්.
දේශපාලනය අත හරින්න; එහෙම නැත්නම් සැඟවුණු දේශපාලනයක නියැලෙන්න විජේවීරට බල කෙරුණේ එතනදී.විජේවීර වගේ මිනිහෙක්, ඒ වගේ වෙලාවක දේශපාලනය අත හරිනවා කියන්නේ නොවිය හැකි දෙයක්. ඒ අර්ථයෙන් රහසිගත දේශපාලනයක නියැලෙන්නට JVP යට බල කෙරුණු අතර එහි අවසානය 87-89 මහා ඛේදවාචයකින් සටහන් වුනා.
නමුත් මේ තහනම ඉවත් කරවාගෙන ප්රජාතන්ත්රවාදී දේශපාලනයේ යෙදීමට තව දුරටත් ඉඩකඩ සලසා ගනු වස්, අවසන් උත්සාහයක් ද විජේවීර විසින් ගනු ලැබුවා.
ඒ ජනාධිපති JR ට ලිපියක් ලියමින් සාධාරණත්වයේ නාමයෙන් JVP තහනම ඉවත් කරන ලෙස ඉල්ලා සිටීම.නමුත් "සාධාරණත්වයේ නාමයෙන්" කියන එක JR ගේ ශබ්ද කෝෂයේ තිබුණ දෙයක් නෙමෙයි.
විජේවීර විසින් JR ට යවන ලද ලිපිය මෙහි උපුටා දක්වන්නේ, දේශපාලන ඉතිහාසය විග්රහ කිරීමේදී මෙවන් සාධක නොතකා හැරීම සිදුවන නිසා. යම් කෙනෙකුට මෙවන් තොරතුරුවල මඟ හැරීමක් තියෙන්න පුළුවන්.
8th October, 1983
His Excellency the President
of the Democratic Socialist
Republic of Sri Lanka
1. On the Proscription of the principal political party of the Left in Sri Lanka under the emergency regulations by His excellency the President
2. On the arbitrary arrests and detention of cadres, members and sympathizers of the JVP and others
3. On the order under the emergency regulations to arrest and detain Rohana Wijeweera the Chairman of the JVP, Upatissa Gamanayake, a member of the Politbureau of the JVP and Somawansa Amarasinghe, a prominent member of the JVP
4. On the attempts of some police and military officers and the order said to have been received by them to kill Rohana Wijeweera the Chairman of the JVP
5. On the false allegations, political slanders fabrications and falsifications against the JVP
His excellency the President !
1. I, Rohana Wijeweera the Chairman of the JVP - the pricipal political party of the Left in Sri Lanka and presidential candidate of the JVP at the Presidential election of the October 1982 honestly request to draw His excellency the President his due attention to the following in the name of democrazy, human rights, natural justice, fairplay and truth.
2. The JVP is a democratic political party. It has a radical political program based on scientific socialism.It wants to replace the present capitalist mode of production and distribution and the socio-economic formation based on it by a selective mode of production and a socio-economic formation only with the consent of majority of the people of the Republic of Sri Lanka.The JVP has no intention whatsoever to go against the wish of the majority of the people. Unless and until the majority of the people voluntarily accept the socialist program of the JVP it will remain in the democratic opposition. It has no intention, no desire, no plan, no capability to overthrow any government elected to the office by the majority of the people, by the force of the minority of the people.The JVP is not conspiratorial organization. It does not propagate violence. During the past six years of His excellency the President's government was in office, it has participated in almost all elections. In 1981 DDC elections it won even 15 seats at six districts by its own. In the year 1982 the JVP Central Committee in a public policy declaration and the politbureau in a public policy statement stated categorically their commitment to the democratic process, democratic institutions and democratic way of life and general elections.
3.The JVP is totally opposed to any brand of communalism whether it is Sinhala or Tamil. It considers communal violence a greater disorder to the national and social progress. Therefore it fights against any communal violence without any hesitation or slightest vacillation. The JVP stands firmly for equal rights for every citizen and every nationality of the republic. It is vehemently against the division of the country on ethnic lines because it is not a solution to the national problem. As a party based on a scientific socialist program it stands for a democratically centralized state,i.e. a unitary state in which every citizen enjoys equal rights irrespective of their nationality or any other differences.
4. The JVP played no role whatsoever in the ugly events of July which it condemns vehemently. The unalianable fact that the JVP is no partyto the unfortunate communal violence of the July 1983 is proved with no doubt by the findings of the investigations carried out by the CID.
5. The JVP did not demand a separate state, the JVP did not agitate for the division of the country, the JVP did not incite violence, the JVP did not buy estates outside the boundaries of the republic to train armies to fight the government, the JVP leaders and members did not fine self imposed exile outside the boundaries of the republic. But the JVP is proscribed under the emergency regulations, its leaders are either in detention or been relentlessly hunted. I, the chairman of the JVP did not emigrate to a neighbouring country illegally.Therefore illegal orders have been issued secretely to kill me according to the subinspectors and inspectors Mr.Ranjith Maligaspe, Mr.Mathurata, Mr.Karunadasa, etc., others.
Innocent people are detained persecuted, haunted and forced to struggle for their lives.Their wives and children, dear and near ones, are forced to suffer untold hardships.But people who committed all these are neither proscribed nor been arrested but been invited for discussions, round table conferences etc. Representatives of the government are busy flying foreign countries to meet them. Foreign governments and dignitaries are used as mediators to negotiate with them.With all the sincerity I would like to know whether this is the state of affairs going to prevail in the country.
6. Continuous proscription of the JVP and continuous detention of the leaders, members and sympathizers of the JVP and the hunt for me and comrade Upatissa Gamanayake and the illegal order said to have been given to some officials of the security forces either by the government or by someone else to kill me goes counter to the interest of the nation. It is believed that all these steps have been taken because of the misinformation supplied to the government by the ISD on the JVP. I categorically, vehemently and totally reject the allegations and slanders leveled against the JVP that
1. The JVP participated in the July communal violence.
2. The JVP incited certain sections of the armed forces against the government.
3. The JVP took part in rumour mongering.
4. The JVP conspired to overthrow the government.
5. The JVP is for the division of the State.
6. The JVP has connections with the terrorist movements in the North and the East.
7. The JVP changed its policy after the presidential elections of 1982.
All these are hopeless slanders, imaginations, fabrications and falsifications of certain officers who have no respect for human lives and values, who have no dignity and integrity. I hope His excellency the President would not find it difficult to agree with me if I say experienced and mature politicians should not allow themselves to be fooled and misled by such intelligence officials, because if it happens, its consequences for the nation are very grave.
To conclude I must say emphatically that the JVP has no secret foreign connections. It never received any financial or other assistance or aid from any foreign party. To avoid this grate national catastrophe, to normalize the public life of the country and to ensure the continuation of the democratic process of the Republic. I hereby request His excellency the President of the Republic at this critical hour of the nation to take necessary actions immediately to lift the ban on the JVP, to release all the political detainees, to withdraw the order to arrest and detain me and other JVP leaders and withdraw if there is any illegal secret order to kill me either by the government or by a certain section of the government.
This is the only way to national conciliation and harmony. This is the only way to development and progress.This is the only way to democracy and justice.
The Chairman of the JVP
ලිපිය උපුටා ගත්තේ රොහාන් ගුණරත්නගේ SRI LANKA A Lost Revolution කෘතියෙන්.(පිටු 193, 194)
නමුත් JR මේ ඉල්ලීම නොතකා හැරියා.
එහි ප්රතිඵලය අද අපි හැමෝම දන්නවා.
එදා දූරදර්ශී සහ ප්රායෝගික තීරණයක් ගන්නට JR ට හැකියාව ලැබුණිනම් මහා ඛේදවාචකයක් වළක්වා ගන්නට තිබුණා.
රටක නායකයෙක් කොතරම් දූරදර්ශී, බුද්ධිමත්, ප්රායෝගික හා පරිණත විය යුතුද? එය එසේ නොවන විට රටකට ජාතියකට කොතරම් විශාල වන්දි ගෙවන්නට සිදුවේද?
මෙය එක් උදාහරණයක් පමණයි....!!